What is the antonym of “animoso”?
The antonyms of animoso are timid, cowardly, and faint-hearted. These words describe people who lack courage or confidence.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing a lack of courage or confidence; easily frightened.
The timid kitten hid under the bed at the sound of thunder.
Lacking bravery or courage; showing a shameful lack of courage in the face of danger.
He was too cowardly to confront his boss about the unfair treatment.
Lacking courage or determination; easily discouraged.
The faint-hearted runner gave up halfway through the marathon.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Timid implies a lack of confidence and a tendency to be easily frightened.
- 2Cowardly suggests a shameful lack of courage in the face of danger.
- 3Faint-hearted describes someone who lacks determination and is easily discouraged.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these words in your writing to create more nuanced and descriptive characters.
- 3Boost Confidence: Recognize these antonyms to identify areas where you need to work on building your confidence and courage.