What is the antonym of “annihilatory”?
The antonym of annihilatory are constructive, creative, and productive. The antonyms constructive, creative, and productive convey a positive or beneficial meaning. It implies building, creating, or producing something useful.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Serving a useful purpose; tending to build up rather than destroy.
Instead of criticizing, offer constructive feedback that can help improve the situation.
Having the ability to produce original and imaginative ideas.
She is a creative writer who can turn even the most mundane topics into engaging stories.
Able to produce or achieve a significant amount of something.
The new software has made our work more productive by automating repetitive tasks.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Constructive describes actions that are helpful and beneficial.
- 2Creative describes the ability to come up with original and imaginative ideas.
- 3Productive describes the ability to produce or achieve a significant amount of something.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace: Use constructive feedback to help colleagues improve their work.
- 2Artistic Endeavors: Use creative to describe someone's artistic abilities.
- 3Business: Use productive to describe a company's ability to achieve its goals.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Constructive conveys helpfulness, creative denotes originality, and productive refers to the ability to achieve a significant amount of something. Use these words in various contexts such as workplace, artistic endeavors, and business to convey positive and beneficial meanings.