What is the antonym of “anteverts”?
The antonyms of anteverts are retrovert, retract, and withdraw. These words have opposite meanings to anteverts, which means to turn forward or outward.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To turn or bend backward.
The gymnast was able to retrovert her body in mid-air and land perfectly on the mat.
To draw back or take back; to withdraw or revoke.
The company had to retract its statement after it was found to be false.
To remove or take away something; to retreat or pull back from a situation.
He decided to withdraw his application after realizing that he wasn't qualified for the job.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Retrovert specifically means to turn or bend backward, while antevert means to turn forward or outward.
- 2Retract means to take back or withdraw something, while antevert means to turn forward or outward.
- 3Withdraw means to remove or retreat from a situation, while antevert means to turn forward or outward.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use anteverts and retrovert in anatomy to describe the position of organs or body parts.
- 2Legal: Use retract when referring to statements or promises that need to be taken back or withdrawn.
- 3Military: Use withdraw when referring to troops or forces retreating from a battle or conflict.
The antonyms of anteverts have opposite meanings. Retrovert means to turn or bend backward, retract means to take back or withdraw something, and withdraw means to remove or retreat from a situation. These words can be used in various contexts such as science, legal, and military.