What is the antonym of “antiracism”?
The antonym of antiracism is racism and racial discrimination. The antonyms racism and racial discrimination convey a negative attitude towards people of different races. It implies a belief in the superiority of one's own race and a prejudice against others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The belief that some races are inherently superior to others, often resulting in discrimination and prejudice against people of other races.
Racism has no place in our society and we must work towards creating a more inclusive and equitable world.
Treating someone unfairly or differently based on their race or ethnicity.
Racial discrimination in hiring practices is illegal and unethical.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Racism is a belief that some races are superior to others, while racial discrimination is the act of treating someone unfairly based on their race.
- 2Racism can be expressed through actions or attitudes, while racial discrimination refers specifically to discriminatory actions.
- 3Racism is a broader term that encompasses various forms of discrimination, while racial discrimination is a specific type of discrimination based on race.
Good things to know
- 1Promote Equality: Use racism and racial discrimination to raise awareness about the negative impact of discrimination.
- 2Encourage Inclusion: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to promote diversity and inclusion.
- 3Combat Prejudice: Utilize these antonyms to challenge stereotypes and prejudices in society.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Racism is a belief in the superiority of one's own race, while racial discrimination is the act of treating someone unfairly based on their race. Use these words to promote equality, encourage inclusion, and combat prejudice by challenging stereotypes and prejudices in society.