What is the antonym of “apices”?
The antonyms of apices are base and bottom. The antonyms base and bottom convey the opposite meaning of the highest point or peak. They refer to the lowest part or foundation of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The lowest part or foundation of something, especially a structure.
The base of the mountain was covered in snow.
The lowest point or part of something.
The bottom of the ocean is home to many unique species.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Base refers to the lowest part or foundation of a structure or object.
- 2Bottom refers to the lowest point or part of something, such as a body of water or a container.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use base and bottom when describing the physical properties of objects.
- 2Geography: Incorporate these antonyms when discussing the topography of a region.
- 3Mathematics: Utilize these words when teaching geometric concepts such as triangles and cones.
The antonyms base and bottom convey the opposite meaning of the highest point or peak. Use these words in scientific, geographical, and mathematical contexts to describe the physical properties of objects, discuss topography, and teach geometric concepts.