What is the antonym of “apocryphal”?
The antonyms of apocryphal are authentic, genuine, and true. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of something that is not genuine or true, but rather authentic and real.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Genuine, real, or true; not false or copied.
The museum has an authentic painting by Van Gogh on display.
Truly what it is said to be; authentic, real, or sincere.
Her genuine smile made everyone feel welcome.
In accordance with fact or reality; accurate or correct.
It is true that exercise can improve your health.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Authentic refers to something that is genuine or real, often used to describe objects or artifacts.
- 2Genuine refers to something that is truly what it is said to be, often used to describe people or emotions.
- 3True refers to something that is in accordance with fact or reality, often used to describe statements or beliefs.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and precision to your writing.
- 2Enhance Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 3Evaluate Sources: Use these antonyms to distinguish between reliable and unreliable sources of information.
The antonyms of apocryphal are authentic, genuine, and true. Use these words to improve your writing, enhance your vocabulary, and evaluate sources of information.