What is the antonym of “apparencies”?
The antonyms of appearances are reality and truth. Appearances refer to how things seem or look, while reality and truth refer to the actual state of things.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or be imagined.
The reality of the situation was that he had lost his job and needed to find a new one.
The quality or state of being in accordance with fact or reality.
She always told the truth, even when it was difficult.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Reality refers to the actual state of things, while appearances refer to how things seem or look.
- 2Truth is a relational antonym that refers to the quality or state of being in accordance with fact or reality.
Good things to know
- 1Clarify Misunderstandings: Use reality and truth to clarify misunderstandings and ensure accurate communication.
- 2Distinguish Between Perception and Reality: Use appearances and reality to distinguish between how things seem and how they actually are.
- 3Encourage Honesty: Use truth to encourage honesty and transparency in conversations.
The antonyms of appearances are reality and truth. Use these words to clarify misunderstandings, distinguish between perception and reality, and encourage honesty in conversations.