What is the antonym of “appendant”?
The antonyms of appendant are detached, separate, and unrelated. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of being connected or associated with something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Separated or disconnected from something; not emotionally involved.
The house had a detached garage that was not connected to the main building.
Not joined or connected; distinct or individual.
The company has separate departments for sales and marketing.
Having no connection or association with something else.
The two incidents were unrelated and happened at different times.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Detached implies physical separation or emotional distance, while appendant suggests a close connection or association.
- 2Separate means not joined or connected, whereas appendant means attached or added to something else.
- 3Unrelated conveys the absence of any connection or association, while appendant implies a strong connection or dependence.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use these antonyms to describe relationships between characters or events in a story.
- 2Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your writing and speaking skills.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use these words to express the opposite meaning of being connected or associated with something.
The antonyms of appendant are detached, separate, and unrelated. These words have distinct nuances and can be used in various contexts such as writing, vocabulary building, and everyday conversation to convey the opposite meaning of being connected or associated with something.