The Opposite(Antonym) of “apply”
The antonyms of apply are remove, take off, and irrelevant. The antonyms remove and take off refer to the opposite action of putting something on, while irrelevant means not related or applicable to the situation.
Definitions and Examples of remove, take off, irrelevant
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To take something away or eliminate it from a place or position.
Please remove your shoes before entering the house.
He decided to take off his jacket because it was too hot inside.
Not related or applicable to the matter at hand.
His comment was completely irrelevant to the topic of discussion.
Key Differences: remove vs take off vs irrelevant
- 1Remove is used when you want to take something away from a particular place or position.
- 2Take off is used when you want to remove clothing or accessories from your body.
- 3Irrelevant is used when something is not related or applicable to the situation.
Effective Usage of remove, take off, irrelevant
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to make it more descriptive and engaging.
- 3Clarify Meaning: Use these antonyms to clarify the meaning of words and concepts in conversations or texts.
The antonyms of apply have different meanings. Remove and take off refer to the opposite action of putting something on, while irrelevant means not related or applicable to the situation. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and clarify the meaning of words and concepts.