What is the antonym of “apppetible”?
The antonyms of appetible are unappetizing and distasteful. These words describe the opposite of something that is appealing or tasty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not appealing or appetizing in appearance, taste, or smell.
The cafeteria food looked unappetizing, so I decided to eat elsewhere.
Unpleasant or offensive to the senses, especially taste or smell.
The medicine had a distasteful flavor that made it hard to swallow.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unappetizing refers to something that does not look or seem appealing to eat.
- 2Distasteful refers to something that has an unpleasant taste or smell.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Food: Use unappetizing to describe food that looks or smells unappealing, and distasteful to describe food that tastes bad.
- 2Expressing Dislike: Use these antonyms to express your dislike for something you find unappealing or unpleasant.
- 3Writing Reviews: Incorporate these antonyms in reviews to describe the quality of food or products.
The antonyms of appetible are unappetizing and distasteful. Use unappetizing to describe food that looks or smells unappealing, and distasteful to describe food that tastes bad. These words can also be used to express dislike or write reviews.