What is the antonym of “assimilation”?
The antonyms of assimilation are diversity, separation, and differentiation. The antonyms convey a sense of distinction, separation, or diversity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being different or varied.
The company promotes diversity by hiring people from different backgrounds.
The act of dividing or disconnecting something from something else.
The separation of church and state is a fundamental principle in many democracies.
The process of distinguishing or identifying differences between things.
The differentiation between the two species was based on their physical characteristics.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Diversity emphasizes the existence of differences among people or things.
- 2Separation implies a physical or conceptual distance between two or more entities.
- 3Differentiation focuses on the process of distinguishing or identifying differences between things.
Good things to know
- 1Social Justice: Use diversity to promote inclusivity and respect for differences.
- 2Politics: Use separation to describe the division of powers or institutions.
- 3Science: Use differentiation to explain the process of identifying and classifying organisms or substances.
The antonyms of assimilation have distinct meanings. Diversity emphasizes differences, separation implies distance, and differentiation focuses on the process of distinguishing differences. These words can be used in various contexts such as social justice, politics, and science.