What is the antonym of “astute”?
The antonyms of astute are naive, foolish, and unwise. These antonyms convey a lack of intelligence, wisdom, or good judgment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking experience, wisdom, or judgment; easily deceived or misled.
She was naive to believe everything he said without questioning his motives.
Lacking good sense or judgment; unwise; silly.
It would be foolish to invest all your savings in a risky business venture.
Not showing good judgment or prudence; imprudent.
It is unwise to drive under the influence of alcohol.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Naive implies a lack of experience or knowledge, while astute implies shrewdness and intelligence.
- 2Foolish suggests a lack of good sense or judgment, while astute suggests the opposite.
- 3Unwise suggests a lack of prudence or caution, while astute suggests the opposite.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express opinions about people, situations, or decisions.
- 3Avoid Misunderstandings: Use these antonyms to clarify meanings and avoid misunderstandings in conversations.
The antonyms of astute are naive, foolish, and unwise. These antonyms convey a lack of intelligence, wisdom, or good judgment. Use these words to improve your vocabulary, express opinions, and avoid misunderstandings in conversations.