Definitions and Examples of strengthen, intensify, enhance
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something stronger or more resilient.
He started lifting weights to strengthen his muscles.
To increase the strength, power, or degree of something.
The storm began to intensify as the winds picked up.
To improve the quality, value, or attractiveness of something.
Adding spices can enhance the flavor of a dish.
Key Differences: strengthen vs intensify vs enhance
- 1Strengthen implies making something stronger or more resilient.
- 2Intensify implies increasing the strength, power, or degree of something.
- 3Enhance implies improving the quality, value, or attractiveness of something.
Effective Usage of strengthen, intensify, enhance
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to express opposing ideas in essays and research papers.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in emails and reports to convey different perspectives.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and conflict.
The antonyms of attenuates are strengthen, intensify, and enhance. Use strengthen to make something stronger, intensify to increase the strength or power of something, and enhance to improve the quality or attractiveness of something. These antonyms can be used in academic writing, business communication, and creative writing to express opposing ideas, convey different perspectives, and create tension and conflict.