Definitions and Examples of repousser, dissuader
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To push away or reject something or someone.
Les odeurs fortes peuvent repousser les clients dans un restaurant.
To discourage or persuade someone not to do something.
Le médecin a essayé de dissuader son patient de fumer.
Key Differences: repousser vs dissuader
- 1Repousser implies a physical action of pushing away or rejecting something or someone.
- 2Dissuader implies an attempt to persuade someone not to do something.
Effective Usage of repousser, dissuader
- 1Enhance Communication: Use repousser and dissuader to express the opposite of attirer effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create contrast and tension.
The antonyms of attirer in French are repousser and dissuader. Use repousser to describe a physical action of pushing away or rejecting something or someone, and dissuader to describe an attempt to persuade someone not to do something. These antonyms can be used to enhance communication, show empathy, and enrich writing by creating contrast and tension.