What is the antonym of “attractability”?
The antonyms of attractability are repulsiveness and unattractiveness. These words describe the opposite of being attractive or appealing.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being extremely unattractive, disgusting, or offensive.
The repulsiveness of the garbage dump made it impossible to stand nearby.
The quality of lacking appeal or attractiveness.
The unattractiveness of the building's exterior was a turn-off for potential buyers.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Repulsiveness implies a strong feeling of disgust or aversion towards something or someone.
- 2Unattractiveness simply describes a lack of appeal or attractiveness.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Physical Appearance: Use repulsiveness or unattractiveness to describe someone's physical appearance.
- 2Expressing Disgust: Use repulsiveness to express strong feelings of disgust or aversion towards something or someone.
- 3Discussing Aesthetics: Use unattractiveness to discuss the lack of appeal or attractiveness of something.
The antonyms of attractability are repulsiveness and unattractiveness. While repulsiveness implies a strong feeling of disgust, unattractiveness simply describes a lack of appeal. Use these words to describe physical appearance, express disgust, or discuss aesthetics.