What is the antonym of “beardless”?
The antonyms of beardless are bearded, hairy, and mature. These antonyms describe a person's physical appearance, maturity level, or the presence of hair on their face.
See all the antonyms of “beardless”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having hair on the lower part of the face.
He grew a thick bearded after not shaving for a month.
Covered with hair; having a lot of hair.
The wrestler had a hairy chest and arms.
Fully developed in body or mind; having reached a state of full growth or development.
After years of hard work and experience, he became a mature and responsible adult.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bearded refers specifically to the presence of hair on the lower part of the face, while hairy can refer to any part of the body that has a lot of hair.
- 2Mature refers to a person's level of development, while bearded and hairy refer to physical characteristics.
- 3Bearded and hairy are gradable antonyms, meaning they can be used to describe varying degrees of hairiness, while mature is a relational antonym, meaning it describes a specific state of development.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Physical Appearance: Use bearded or hairy to describe someone's physical appearance.
- 2Discussing Maturity: Use mature to describe someone's level of development or responsibility.
- 3Comparing and Contrasting: Use these antonyms to compare and contrast different people or characters in a story.
The antonyms of beardless are bearded, hairy, and mature. Use bearded or hairy to describe physical appearance, and mature to describe a person's level of development. These antonyms can be used to compare and contrast different people or characters in a story.