What is the antonym of “becoming”?
The antonyms of becoming are unbecoming and unsuitable. The antonyms convey the opposite meaning of becoming, which is something that is not appropriate, attractive, or fitting.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not appropriate or attractive for a particular person, purpose, or situation.
His rude behavior was unbecoming of a gentleman.
Not fitting or appropriate for a particular person, purpose, or situation.
The dress was unsuitable for the formal event.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unbecoming describes something that is not appropriate or attractive, while unsuitable refers to something that is not fitting or appropriate.
- 2Unbecoming is often used to describe behavior or actions, while unsuitable is used to describe things or objects.
Good things to know
- 1Professional Settings: Use unbecoming to describe inappropriate behavior or actions in the workplace.
- 2Fashion and Style: Use unsuitable to describe clothing or accessories that do not match the occasion or dress code.
- 3Social Interactions: Use these antonyms to describe behaviors or actions that are not socially acceptable or appropriate.
The antonyms of becoming are unbecoming and unsuitable. Use unbecoming to describe inappropriate behavior or actions, and unsuitable to describe things that do not match the occasion or dress code. These antonyms can be used in professional settings, fashion and style, and social interactions to convey the opposite meaning of becoming.