Definitions and Examples of normal, ordinary, conventional
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
It's normal to feel nervous before a job interview.
Having no special or distinctive features; commonplace or average.
The restaurant served ordinary food that was neither exceptional nor terrible.
Following accepted customs and traditions; conforming to established practices.
The wedding ceremony was conventional and followed all the traditional rituals.
Key Differences: normal vs ordinary vs conventional
- 1Normal describes something that is typical or expected.
- 2Ordinary describes something that has no special or distinctive features.
- 3Conventional describes something that follows established practices or customs.
Effective Usage of normal, ordinary, conventional
- 1Daily Life: Use these antonyms to describe things that are typical, usual, or conforming to the standard.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these words in your writing to create contrast and add depth to your descriptions.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms of bizzarro are normal, ordinary, and conventional. These words describe things that are typical, usual, or conforming to the standard. Use them in daily life, writing, or vocabulary building to enhance your communication skills.