What is the antonym of “bode”?
The antonyms of bode are misjudge and misinterpret. The antonyms misjudge and misinterpret convey a different meaning than bode. They imply a wrong understanding or prediction of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To form an incorrect or unfair opinion or conclusion about someone or something.
He misjudged her abilities and didn't give her the promotion she deserved.
To understand or explain something wrongly or inaccurately.
She misinterpreted his words and thought he was angry with her.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bode means to be an omen or indication of something, while misjudge and misinterpret mean to form an incorrect or unfair opinion or conclusion about someone or something.
- 2Misjudge implies a wrong evaluation of someone's abilities or character, while misinterpret implies a wrong understanding or explanation of something.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and communicate more effectively.
- 2Avoid Misunderstandings: Use these antonyms to clarify misunderstandings and ensure accurate communication.
- 3Enhance Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add depth and nuance to your work.
The antonyms misjudge and misinterpret convey a different meaning than bode. Use these words to improve your vocabulary, avoid misunderstandings, and enhance your writing by adding depth and nuance to your work.