Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing a lack of courage or confidence; easily frightened.
She was too timid to speak up in front of the large audience.
Nervous or timid in the company of other people; hesitant to speak or act.
He was too shy to ask her out on a date.
Slow to reveal emotions or opinions; keeping oneself to oneself.
She was reserved and didn't like to share personal information with strangers.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Timid implies a lack of courage or confidence, while shy suggests nervousness or hesitation in social situations.
- 2Reserved describes someone who is slow to reveal emotions or opinions, rather than lacking confidence.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Communication: Use these antonyms to describe personality traits and behavior.
- 2Build Vocabulary: Incorporate these words in your daily conversations to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Enhance Writing: Utilize these antonyms in your writing to create well-rounded characters and vivid descriptions.
The antonyms of bolder are timid, shy, and reserved. These words describe a lack of confidence or assertiveness. Use these words to improve communication, build vocabulary, and enhance writing by creating well-rounded characters and vivid descriptions.