What is the antonym of “breathtaking”?
The antonyms of breathtaking are unimpressive, ordinary, and unremarkable. The antonyms convey a lack of excitement, wonder, or amazement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not capable of impressing or exciting; lacking in impact or significance.
The fireworks display was unimpressive compared to last year's.
Having no special or distinctive features; commonplace or average.
The hotel room was ordinary and lacked any luxurious amenities.
Not worthy of attention or notice; lacking in interest or distinction.
The museum's collection was unremarkable and failed to impress the visitors.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unimpressive suggests a lack of impact or significance.
- 2Ordinary implies a lack of distinctiveness or special features.
- 3Unremarkable conveys a lack of interest or distinction.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Places: Use unimpressive, ordinary, and unremarkable to describe places that lack excitement or uniqueness.
- 2Reviewing Events: Incorporate these antonyms in reviews to express disappointment or dissatisfaction.
- 3Comparing Objects: Utilize these antonyms to compare objects that differ in their level of impressiveness or distinctiveness.
The antonyms of breathtaking convey a lack of excitement, wonder, or amazement. Unimpressive suggests a lack of impact, ordinary implies a lack of distinctiveness, and unremarkable conveys a lack of interest. Use these words to describe places, review events, and compare objects.