What is the antonym of “burnable”?
The antonyms of burnable are noncombustible and nonflammable. These words describe materials that cannot be burned or set on fire.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not capable of being burned, ignited, or catching fire.
The walls of the building were made of noncombustible materials to prevent the spread of fire.
Not capable of catching fire or burning.
The chemicals used in the laboratory were nonflammable to ensure safety.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Noncombustible refers to materials that cannot be burned or ignited.
- 2Nonflammable refers to materials that cannot catch fire or burn.
Good things to know
- 1Safety Instructions: Use these antonyms to describe materials that are safe to handle and use.
- 2Product Labeling: Incorporate these antonyms in product labeling to indicate safety precautions.
- 3Fire Prevention: Use these antonyms to describe materials that are resistant to fire and prevent its spread.
The antonyms noncombustible and nonflammable describe materials that cannot be burned or set on fire. Use these words to ensure safety, indicate safety precautions, and prevent fires from spreading.