What is the antonym of “busts”?
The antonyms of busts are success and prosperity. The antonyms success and prosperity convey a positive outcome or achievement. It implies a state of thriving, flourishing, or doing well.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
After years of hard work, she finally achieved success in her career.
The state of being successful, especially in terms of financial wealth and well-being.
The city experienced a period of prosperity after the opening of a new factory that provided many jobs.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Success is a specific term that describes the accomplishment of a goal or objective.
- 2Prosperity is a broader term that encompasses success, especially in terms of financial wealth and well-being.
Good things to know
- 1Motivate: Use success and prosperity to inspire and encourage others to strive for their goals.
- 2Describe Outcomes: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the results of actions or events.
- 3Compare and Contrast: Use these antonyms to highlight the differences between positive and negative outcomes.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Success conveys the accomplishment of a specific goal, while prosperity encompasses success, especially in terms of financial wealth and well-being. Use these words to motivate, describe outcomes, and compare and contrast positive and negative outcomes.