What is the antonym of “cacodoxical”?
The antonyms of cacodoxical are orthodox, conventional, and traditional. These words convey a sense of conformity to established norms, beliefs, or practices.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Conforming to established or traditional beliefs, customs, or practices.
The priest's sermon was based on orthodox teachings of the church.
Following accepted customs, standards, or practices.
She wore a conventional white wedding dress for her marriage ceremony.
Relating to or based on long-established customs, beliefs, or practices.
The festival celebrates traditional music, dance, and food of the region.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Orthodox refers to conforming to established beliefs, customs, or practices, often in a religious context.
- 2Conventional refers to following accepted customs, standards, or practices, often in a social or cultural context.
- 3Traditional refers to long-established customs, beliefs, or practices that have been passed down through generations.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Cultural Awareness: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about different cultures and their customs.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create characters with distinct personalities and beliefs.
The antonyms of cacodoxical are orthodox, conventional, and traditional. These words convey a sense of conformity to established norms, beliefs, or practices. Use them to enhance your vocabulary, show cultural awareness, and create compelling characters in creative writing.