What is the antonym of “calmiest”?
The antonyms of calmiest are most agitated, most disturbed, and most turbulent. These antonyms describe a state of unrest, chaos, or agitation that is the opposite of calmness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or appearing troubled, nervous, or unsettled.
The crowd became most agitated when they heard the news of the cancellation.
Feeling or showing signs of mental or emotional upset; disrupted or interrupted.
She was most disturbed by the loud noise coming from the construction site next door.
Characterized by conflict, disorder, or confusion; violently or unpredictably changing.
The flight encountered most turbulent weather conditions, causing passengers to feel uneasy.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Most agitated describes a state of nervousness or unsettledness.
- 2Most disturbed describes a state of mental or emotional upset.
- 3Most turbulent describes a state of violent or unpredictable change.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and depth to your writing.
- 2Expand Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to express yourself more accurately and effectively.
- 3Enhance Comprehension: Recognize these antonyms to understand the nuances of language better.
The antonyms of calmiest describe states of unrest, chaos, or agitation. Use most agitated, most disturbed, and most turbulent to improve your writing, expand your vocabulary, and enhance your comprehension of language.