What is the antonym of “capitulator”?
The antonyms of capitulator are fighter, resister, and challenger. These antonyms describe someone who is willing to stand up for their beliefs and fight against opposition.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who engages in a physical or verbal struggle to overcome an opponent.
He was a fighter for civil rights and spent his life advocating for equality.
A person who opposes or refuses to comply with something.
She was a resister of the authoritarian regime and risked her life to speak out against it.
A person who challenges or questions something.
He was a challenger of the status quo and constantly pushed for innovation and change.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fighter implies a willingness to engage in physical or verbal struggle to overcome an opponent.
- 2Resister implies a refusal to comply with something or someone.
- 3Challenger implies a willingness to question or challenge the status quo.
Good things to know
- 1Debate: Use these antonyms to describe different approaches to conflict resolution.
- 2Politics: Use these antonyms to describe different political ideologies and strategies.
- 3Sports: Use fighter to describe athletes who never give up and always strive to win.
The antonyms of capitulator describe people who are willing to stand up for their beliefs and fight against opposition. Fighter implies physical or verbal struggle, resister implies refusal to comply, and challenger implies questioning the status quo. Use these antonyms to describe different approaches to conflict resolution, political ideologies, and sports personalities.