The Opposite(Antonym) of “censoring”
The antonyms of censoring are publication and disclosure. The antonyms publication and disclosure convey the opposite meaning of censoring, which is to make something available or known to the public.
Explore all Antonyms of “censoring”
Definitions and Examples of publication, disclosure
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of making something available to the public, such as a book, article, or report.
The publication of the controversial article sparked a heated debate among scholars.
The act of revealing or making something known, especially something that was previously secret or confidential.
The disclosure of the company's financial records raised concerns among investors.
Key Differences: publication vs disclosure
- 1Publication refers to the act of making something available to the public, while censoring refers to the act of suppressing or restricting access to information.
- 2Disclosure refers to the act of revealing or making something known, while censoring refers to the act of hiding or concealing information.
Effective Usage of publication, disclosure
- 1Media: Use publication to refer to the release of news articles, books, or other media content.
- 2Legal: Use disclosure to refer to the release of confidential information in legal proceedings.
- 3Politics: Use censoring to refer to the suppression of information by governments or other authorities.
The antonyms of censoring are publication and disclosure. Publication refers to the act of making something available to the public, while disclosure refers to the act of revealing or making something known. Use these words in different contexts such as media, legal, and politics to convey the opposite meaning of censoring.