What is the antonym of “censure”?
The antonyms of censure are praise and commendation. The antonyms praise and commendation convey a positive evaluation or approval of someone's actions, behavior, or work.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To express admiration or approval for someone's actions, behavior, or work.
The teacher praised the student for their excellent performance in the exam.
An expression of approval or admiration for someone's actions, behavior, or work.
The company gave a commendation to the employee for their outstanding contribution to the project.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Praise is a verb that describes an action of expressing admiration or approval.
- 2Commendation is a noun that refers to the expression of approval or admiration itself.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use praise and commendation to show appreciation for someone's efforts or achievements.
- 2Motivate Others: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to encourage and motivate others.
- 3Provide Feedback: Use these antonyms to provide constructive feedback and help others improve their performance.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Praise is a verb that describes an action of expressing admiration or approval, while commendation is a noun that refers to the expression of approval or admiration itself. Use these words to express gratitude, motivate others, and provide feedback to help them improve their performance.