The Opposite(Antonym) of “chasteness”
The antonyms of chasteness are promiscuity and licentiousness. These antonyms describe a lack of sexual restraint or morality.
Explore all Antonyms of “chasteness”
Definitions and Examples of promiscuity, licentiousness
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Engaging in sexual activity with multiple partners without commitment or exclusivity.
She was known for her promiscuity and had many sexual partners.
Lack of moral or sexual restraint; disregarding accepted standards of behavior.
The novel was criticized for its licentiousness and explicit content.
Key Differences: promiscuity vs licentiousness
- 1Promiscuity refers to engaging in sexual activity with multiple partners without commitment or exclusivity.
- 2Licentiousness refers to a lack of moral or sexual restraint, disregarding accepted standards of behavior.
Effective Usage of promiscuity, licentiousness
- 1Discussing Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe different attitudes towards sexual relationships.
- 2Moral Discussions: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about morality and ethics.
- 3Literary Analysis: Analyze literary works that deal with themes of chasteness, promiscuity, and licentiousness.
The antonyms of chasteness are promiscuity and licentiousness. These words describe a lack of sexual restraint or morality. Use them to discuss relationships, morality, and literary analysis.