What is the antonym of “chicanery”?
The antonyms of chicanery are honesty and sincerity. These antonyms convey a sense of truthfulness, straightforwardness, and genuineness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being truthful, sincere, and free from deceit.
She appreciated his honesty when he admitted to making a mistake.
The quality of being genuine, honest, and without pretense.
Her sincerity in helping others was evident in the way she went out of her way to assist them.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Honesty refers to the quality of being truthful and free from deceit.
- 2Sincerity refers to the quality of being genuine and without pretense.
Good things to know
- 1Communication: Use honesty and sincerity to convey truthfulness and genuineness in conversations.
- 2Trust-building: Incorporate these antonyms in interactions to build trust and credibility with others.
- 3Characterization: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters that are honest and sincere.
The antonyms of chicanery, honesty and sincerity, convey a sense of truthfulness, straightforwardness, and genuineness. Use these words to enhance communication, build trust, and create honest and sincere characters in narratives.