What is the antonym of “choleric”?
The antonyms of choleric are calm and composed. The antonyms calm and composed convey a state of tranquility, serenity, and self-control. It implies a lack of anger, irritability, or impatience.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath to stay calm before her job interview.
Having one's feelings and expression under control; calm.
Despite the chaos around him, he remained composed and focused on his work.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm is a general term that describes a state of tranquility and peacefulness.
- 2Composed is a more specific term that describes a state of self-control and emotional stability.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use calm and composed to describe a person's demeanor or behavior.
- 2Manage Emotions: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to manage strong emotions like anger or frustration.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and nuanced characters.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm conveys a state of tranquility, while composed refers to self-control and emotional stability. Use these words to enhance communication, manage emotions, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and nuanced characters.