What is the antonym of “clammed”?
The antonyms of clammed are talkative and chatty. These words describe a person's tendency to speak a lot or little.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Inclined to talk a lot; fond of conversation.
She's always been talkative, even as a child.
Fond of chatting; tending to talk a lot in a friendly, informal way.
The old friends were having a chatty conversation over coffee.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Talkative implies a person who enjoys talking and may not necessarily be aware of how much they are speaking.
- 2Chatty suggests a friendly and informal style of conversation that is enjoyable for both parties involved.
Good things to know
- 1Social Situations: Use talkative and chatty to describe people's personalities in social situations.
- 2Job Interviews: Use talkative to describe a candidate's communication style, which can be an asset or a liability depending on the job requirements.
- 3Writing: Use these antonyms to create well-rounded characters in stories or essays.
The antonyms talkative and chatty describe a person's tendency to speak a lot or little. Talkative implies a person who enjoys talking, while chatty suggests a friendly and informal style of conversation. Use these words to describe people's personalities in social situations, job interviews, or writing.