Definitions and Examples of distance, remoteness
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The amount of space between two objects or points.
The distance between New York and Los Angeles is about 2,800 miles.
The state of being far away in space or time; lacking closeness or intimacy.
The remoteness of the village made it hard to access basic services like healthcare and education.
Key Differences: distance vs remoteness
- 1Distance refers to the physical space between two objects or points.
- 2Remoteness describes a sense of being far away in space or time, or lacking closeness or intimacy.
Effective Usage of distance, remoteness
- 1Geography: Use distance to describe the space between two locations.
- 2Relationships: Use closeness to describe the level of intimacy between people, and remoteness to describe the lack of it.
- 3Technology: Use distance to describe the quality of a signal or connection, and remoteness to describe the difficulty of accessing a device or service.
The antonyms of closeness are distance and remoteness. While distance refers to physical space, remoteness describes a sense of being far away in space or time, or lacking closeness or intimacy. Use these words to describe geography, relationships, and technology.