What is the antonym of “cloy”?
The antonyms of cloy are stimulate, excite, and interest. The antonyms convey a sense of excitement, interest, or stimulation. They imply a positive emotional state and a desire for more.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To encourage or arouse interest or enthusiasm in someone or something.
The new job offer stimulated her to work harder and improve her skills.
To cause strong feelings of enthusiasm, eagerness, or anticipation.
The news of his promotion excited him so much that he couldn't sleep all night.
To attract or hold someone's attention or curiosity.
The museum's collection of ancient artifacts interested the visitors and kept them engaged for hours.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Stimulate implies an encouragement or arousal of interest or enthusiasm.
- 2Excite conveys a strong feeling of enthusiasm, eagerness, or anticipation.
- 3Interest refers to attracting or holding someone's attention or curiosity.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use stimulate, excite, and interest to express positive emotions effectively.
- 2Show Enthusiasm: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate excitement and interest.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create engaging characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Stimulate encourages interest, excite conveys strong enthusiasm, and interest attracts attention. Use these words to enhance communication, show enthusiasm in conversations, and enrich writing by creating engaging characters and compelling narratives.