What is the antonym of “cocker”?
The antonyms of cocker are neglect and mistreat. The antonyms neglect and mistreat convey a negative or harmful treatment towards someone or something. It implies a lack of care, attention, or respect.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Fail to care for properly; disregard or ignore through lack of attention or concern.
The abandoned house was left to neglect and decay for years.
Treat someone or something badly or unfairly; abuse or harm through cruel or violent actions.
The animal shelter was closed down due to reports of staff mistreating the animals.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Neglect implies a lack of care or attention towards someone or something, while cocker implies excessive care or attention.
- 2Mistreat implies harmful or abusive treatment towards someone or something, while cocker implies pampering or spoiling.
Good things to know
- 1Animal Care: Use cocker to describe caring for pets with love and attention, and use neglect and mistreat to describe harmful or abusive treatment towards animals.
- 2Childcare: Use cocker to describe caring for children with love and attention, and use neglect and mistreat to describe harmful or abusive treatment towards children.
- 3Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe different ways of treating people in relationships, such as romantic partners, friends, or family members.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Neglect implies a lack of care or attention, while mistreat implies harmful or abusive treatment. Use these words to describe different ways of treating people or things, such as pets, children, or relationships.