What is the antonym of “commiserate”?
The antonyms of commiserate are disregard and ignore. The antonyms disregard and ignore convey a lack of attention or concern towards someone's feelings or situation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Pay no attention to; ignore.
He chose to disregard the warning signs and ended up in trouble.
Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
She decided to ignore his rude behavior and not let it affect her.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disregard implies a lack of attention or consideration towards something or someone.
- 2Ignore suggests a deliberate decision to not acknowledge or pay attention to something or someone.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use disregard and ignore to express a lack of attention or concern.
- 2Show Assertiveness: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to assert boundaries and communicate expectations.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create conflict and tension between characters.
The antonyms disregard and ignore convey a lack of attention or concern towards someone's feelings or situation. Use these words to enhance communication, show assertiveness in conversations, and enrich writing by creating conflict and tension between characters.