Definitions and Examples of stayed, remained, persisted
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To remain in a particular place or state; not leave.
She stayed at home all day and watched movies.
To continue to exist or be present; not disappear or go away.
The problem remained unsolved despite their efforts.
To continue firmly in an opinion or course of action despite difficulty or opposition.
He persisted with his training even when it seemed impossible.
Key Differences: stayed vs remained vs persisted
- 1Stayed implies a lack of movement or change in location.
- 2Remained suggests a continuation of existence or presence in a particular place.
- 3Persisted conveys a sense of determination or perseverance in pursuing a goal or course of action.
Effective Usage of stayed, remained, persisted
- 1Daily Conversation: Use these antonyms to describe different situations where someone did not move or change their position.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create variety and avoid repetition.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms of commuted are stayed, remained, and persisted. These words convey different nuances of not moving or changing position. Use them in daily conversation, writing, and vocabulary building to improve your communication skills.