What is the antonym of “conjunct”?
The antonyms of conjunct are disjointed and unconnected. The antonyms disjointed and unconnected convey a lack of coherence or continuity. They imply that the parts or elements are not linked or related to each other.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking coherence or connection; disjointed ideas or thoughts are not well-organized or logically connected.
The speaker's argument was disjointed and difficult to follow.
Not related or linked to something else; having no logical or causal connection.
The two events were unconnected and had nothing to do with each other.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disjointed refers to ideas or thoughts that are not well-organized or logically connected.
- 2Unconnected refers to things that have no logical or causal connection.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use disjointed and unconnected to describe poorly written or structured texts.
- 2Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express a lack of coherence or continuity.
- 3Reading: Look for these antonyms in texts to understand the author's intention and style.