What is the antonym of “consigns”?
The antonyms of consigns are retrieve, withdraw, and reclaim. These words convey the opposite meaning of consigns, which means to deliver or entrust something to someone's care.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To get something back that was lost or misplaced.
He had to retrieve his phone from the lost and found.
To remove or take away something from a place or person.
She decided to withdraw her support for the project.
To take back something that was lost, stolen, or given up.
The company was able to reclaim its lost profits.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Retrieve implies getting something back that was lost or misplaced.
- 2Withdraw implies removing or taking something away from a place or person.
- 3Reclaim implies taking back something that was lost, stolen, or given up.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms in business settings when discussing transactions, deliveries, and returns.
- 2Daily Life: Use these antonyms in everyday conversations when talking about retrieving lost items, withdrawing support, or reclaiming possessions.
- 3Academic Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in academic writing to demonstrate a nuanced understanding of language and concepts.
The antonyms of consigns are retrieve, withdraw, and reclaim. These words have distinct meanings and can be used in various contexts such as business, daily life, and academic writing. Use these antonyms to enhance communication and demonstrate a nuanced understanding of language and concepts.