What is the antonym of “cools”?
The antonyms of cools are heats up, warms, and excites. These words convey the opposite meaning of cools, which is to reduce temperature or excitement.
See all the antonyms of “cools”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The sun heats up the earth during the day, making it warm.
To make something or someone feel warmer or more comfortable.
The blanket warms me up on a cold winter night.
To cause someone to feel enthusiastic, interested, or stimulated.
The new movie trailer excites me, and I can't wait to watch it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Heats up refers to increasing temperature, while warms refers to making something or someone feel warmer or more comfortable.
- 2Excites is a complementary antonym that refers to causing enthusiasm or stimulation, which is different from the gradable antonyms heats up and warms.
Good things to know
- 1Weather: Use heats up and warms to describe changes in temperature.
- 2Emotions: Use excites to describe feelings of enthusiasm or stimulation.
- 3Cooking: Use heats up to describe the process of cooking food at high temperatures.