Definitions and Examples of free, unconfined
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not under the control or power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes.
After finishing his work, he felt free to go out and enjoy the sunshine.
Not confined or restricted; able to move or operate without hindrance.
The open field provided unconfined space for the children to run and play.
Key Differences: free vs unconfined
- 1Free implies a lack of control or power by another, while unconfined implies a lack of physical restriction or confinement.
- 2Free can also refer to something that is not limited by cost or price, while unconfined only refers to physical space.
Effective Usage of free, unconfined
- 1Express Freedom: Use free and unconfined to express a sense of liberation or release from confinement.
- 2Describe Movement: Use unconfined to describe movement without physical restriction.
- 3Discuss Cost: Use free to describe something that is not limited by cost or price.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Free implies a lack of control or power, while unconfined implies a lack of physical restriction. Use these words to express freedom, describe movement, and discuss cost.