What is the antonym of “correctness”?
The antonyms of correctness are incorrectness, inaccuracy, and impropriety. These words convey the opposite meaning of being accurate, proper, or correct.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being incorrect or inaccurate.
The teacher marked his answer as wrong due to its incorrectness.
The quality of being inaccurate or not precise.
The survey results were deemed unreliable due to the inaccuracy of the data collected.
The quality of being inappropriate or unsuitable for a particular situation.
His behavior at the formal dinner was criticized for its impropriety.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Incorrectness refers to something that is not correct or accurate.
- 2Inaccuracy refers to something that is not precise or exact.
- 3Impropriety refers to something that is inappropriate or unsuitable for a particular situation.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe errors or mistakes in academic papers.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in emails or reports to convey the opposite meaning of correctness.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Utilize these antonyms to express disagreement or disapproval of something that is not correct or appropriate.
The antonyms of correctness are incorrectness, inaccuracy, and impropriety. These words have distinct meanings and can be used in various contexts such as academic writing, professional communication, and everyday conversation to convey the opposite meaning of correctness.