What is the antonym of “corruptible”?
The antonyms of corruptible are incorruptible and honest. The antonyms incorruptible and honest convey a positive and trustworthy quality. It implies that someone is not susceptible to bribery or dishonesty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Incapable of being bribed or morally corrupted; honest and trustworthy.
The judge was known for his incorruptible nature and never took bribes.
Free from deceit or fraud; truthful and sincere in speech and action.
She was always honest with her friends, even if it meant telling them the hard truth.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Incorruptible describes someone who cannot be bribed or morally corrupted.
- 2Honest describes someone who is truthful and sincere in speech and action.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Integrity: Use these antonyms to discuss the importance of integrity and honesty in personal and professional life.
- 2Describe People: Use these antonyms to describe people's character and behavior.
- 3Write Stories: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters with distinct qualities and personalities.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Incorruptible describes someone who cannot be bribed or morally corrupted, while honest describes someone who is truthful and sincere in speech and action. Use these words to discuss integrity, describe people's character, and create compelling narratives.