What is the antonym of “cosseted”?
The antonym of cosseted are neglected, abandoned, and mistreated. These antonyms convey a lack of care, attention, or protection towards someone or something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not receiving proper care, attention, or consideration.
The old house was neglected for years and was in a state of disrepair.
Left behind or deserted; no longer cared for or supported.
The puppy was abandoned by its owner and left to fend for itself on the streets.
Treated badly or cruelly; subjected to abuse or neglect.
The animal rights group rescued several dogs that were mistreated and malnourished by their owners.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Neglected implies a lack of care or attention, while abandoned suggests being left behind or deserted.
- 2Mistreated implies being treated badly or cruelly, often involving abuse or neglect.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express different shades of meaning.
- 2Discuss Social Issues: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about social issues such as animal welfare, child abuse, and neglect.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and evoke emotions in readers.
The antonyms of cosseted are neglected, abandoned, and mistreated. These words convey a lack of care, attention, or protection towards someone or something. Use them to enhance your vocabulary, discuss social issues, and enrich your writing by creating vivid descriptions and evoking emotions in readers.