What is the antonym of “counselor”?
The antonyms of counselor are client and patient. The antonyms client and patient refer to the person receiving counseling or medical treatment, respectively.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who uses the professional advice or services of another.
As a lawyer, he always puts his client's interests first.
A person receiving medical treatment or care.
The patient was admitted to the hospital for surgery.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Client refers to a person who seeks professional advice or services from another person.
- 2Patient refers to a person who receives medical treatment or care from a healthcare provider.
Good things to know
- 1Professional Settings: Use client to refer to people seeking professional advice or services, and patient in medical settings.
- 2Healthcare: Use patient when referring to people receiving medical treatment or care.
- 3Legal Settings: Use client to refer to people seeking legal advice or representation.