Definitions and Examples of bravery, courage, fearlessness
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being brave; courageous behavior or character.
The firefighter showed great bravery when he entered the burning building to save the trapped family.
The ability to do something that frightens one; strength in the face of pain or grief.
She summoned all her courage to speak up against injustice and discrimination.
The state of being free from fear; boldness or intrepidity.
The mountaineer climbed the treacherous peak with fearlessness and determination.
Key Differences: bravery vs courage vs fearlessness
- 1Bravery emphasizes the quality of being brave and courageous.
- 2Courage emphasizes the ability to face fear and overcome it.
- 3Fearlessness emphasizes the absence of fear and the boldness to take risks.
Effective Usage of bravery, courage, fearlessness
- 1Encourage Others: Use these antonyms to inspire and motivate others to face their fears and challenges.
- 2Describe Characters: Use these words to describe characters in stories, movies, or TV shows.
- 3Discuss Current Events: Use these words to discuss current events that involve acts of bravery, courage, or fearlessness.
The antonyms of cowardice are bravery, courage, and fearlessness. These words describe a person's ability to face danger, difficulty, or pain without being overcome by fear or discouragement. Use them to encourage others, describe characters, and discuss current events involving acts of bravery, courage, or fearlessness.