What is the antonym of “crackerjack”?
The antonyms of crackerjack are mediocre and poor. The antonyms mediocre and poor convey a negative or below-average quality or performance. It implies a lack of excellence, proficiency, or skill.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Of moderate or low quality; not very good.
The food at that restaurant was mediocre at best.
Lacking in quality or standard; below average.
The team's performance was poor due to their lack of practice.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mediocre describes something that is average or below average in quality or performance.
- 2Poor describes something that is below average in quality or performance and may imply a lack of resources or effort.
Good things to know
- 1Evaluate Performance: Use mediocre and poor to assess the quality or standard of work or performance.
- 2Provide Feedback: Incorporate antonyms in feedback to highlight areas of improvement.
- 3Express Disappointment: Utilize these antonyms to express dissatisfaction with a product, service, or experience.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Mediocre describes something that is average or below average, while poor implies a lack of resources or effort. Use these words to evaluate performance, provide feedback, and express disappointment with a product, service, or experience.