What is the antonym of “cradle”?
The antonyms of cradle are drop, abandon, and neglect. The antonyms drop, abandon, and neglect convey a sense of carelessness or lack of attention. They imply a failure to protect or support something or someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To let something fall from one's grasp or support.
She accidentally dropped her phone and cracked the screen.
To leave behind or give up on something or someone.
The family had to abandon their home due to the flood.
To fail to care for or attend to something or someone properly.
The landlord neglected to fix the leaking roof, causing damage to the apartment.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Drop implies an accidental or sudden loss of support or grasp.
- 2Abandon suggests a deliberate decision to leave something or someone behind.
- 3Neglect implies a failure to care for or attend to something or someone properly over time.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express different meanings.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create contrast and add depth to your descriptions.
- 3Learn Responsibility: Understand the importance of taking care of things and people around you by learning the antonyms of cradle.