What is the antonym of “crashed”?
The antonyms of crashed are succeed, work, and function. The antonyms succeed, work, and function convey a positive or successful outcome. It implies that something is operating as intended or achieving its desired purpose.
See all the antonyms of “crashed”
- wake up
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To accomplish a goal or objective; to achieve success.
After years of hard work, he finally managed to succeed in his business venture.
To operate or function effectively; to produce the desired result.
The new software update seems to work much better than the previous version.
To perform a specific task or purpose; to work correctly.
The car's engine seems to be functioning properly after the mechanic fixed it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Succeed implies achieving a goal or objective, while work and function imply that something is operating as intended or producing the desired result.
- 2Work is a more general term that can refer to any kind of operation or activity, while function is more specific and refers to a particular purpose or task.
- 3Function is often used in technical contexts, such as engineering or computer science, while work and succeed are more commonly used in everyday language.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage: Use succeed to motivate and inspire others to achieve their goals.
- 2Assess: Use work and function to evaluate the effectiveness of a system or process.
- 3Communicate: Use these antonyms to express positive outcomes and successful results.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Succeed implies achieving a goal or objective, while work and function imply that something is operating as intended or producing the desired result. Use these words to encourage, assess, and communicate positive outcomes and successful results.