What is the antonym of “creation”?
The antonyms of creation are destruction and demolition. The antonyms destruction and demolition convey a negative or harmful action that results in the end of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of destroying or causing damage to something.
The hurricane caused widespread destruction to the coastal towns.
The act of tearing down or destroying a building or structure.
The old stadium was scheduled for demolition to make way for a new one.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Destruction is a general term that describes an act of damaging or destroying something.
- 2Demolition is a more specific term that refers to the act of tearing down or destroying a building or structure.
Good things to know
- 1Environmental Issues: Use destruction and demolition to discuss the negative impact of human activities on the environment.
- 2Urban Development: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about urban development and the need for sustainable practices.
- 3History and Archeology: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to describe the destruction of historical sites and artifacts.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Destruction conveys a general sense of damage, while demolition refers to the tearing down of a building or structure. Use these words to discuss environmental issues, urban development, and history and archeology.